1. Fee basis. This quotation has been calculated on the basis of estimated total time commitment to be expended by the team to address the items in the menu of deliverables, and while Eden is prepared to exercise some flexibility over the scope, the Client should work with Eden to maintain a reasonable quantum of time to be spent. This does not cover out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. for travel, translation, printing), which if required by the client will be approved in advanced and reimbursed at cost. Fifty percent of our professional fees including 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) applicable will be invoiced on commissioning, with the outstanding fees due upon presentation of the final report. Unless otherwise specified by Eden, this quotation shall be deemed to be denominated in the currency of Singapore Dollars (SGD). Eden requires outstanding payments to be settled in the same currency denomination of the quotation within 30 days of invoicing before additional deliverables are issued. Late payment is subject to 1% per month penalty interest charge. Eden retains the right to suspend the work in the absence of agreed payment tranches. Fees are inclusive of one formal report presentation in Singapore. This quotation is valid for 90 days.
2. Scope of work. These terms shall constitute the entire contract between Eden Strategy Institute, LLP. and the Client. Any alternations to the specifications, as laid out in the proposal, may lead to reappraisal of the timetable and/or fee quoted. A window of two weeks will be provided to the Client to offer clarifications and input which Eden will respond to, after which the final deliverables will be finalized. No amendment shall be deemed to have been made to the contract unless confirmed in writing by the party requesting the amendment and subsequently confirmed in writing by the other party. Specifications may change when additional requirements are required outside the original scope.
3. Force Majeure. Eden shall do its utmost to deliver the report in accordance with timing as quoted in the proposal, but shall not be held liable for delays or other failure to perform its obligations occasioned by factors outside its control (including, by way of example only, postal or other communication delays, industrial disputes, fire or accident, governmental act or natural catastrophe). Other factors unforeseen at the time of proposal could affect the timing of the project (e.g. problems in locating key sponsors, adverse weather conditions). Under these circumstances, Eden will endeavor to meet the proposed time schedule, but shall not be held liable for such delays.
4. Copyright. All Intellectual Property Rights in the deliverables shall be shared between the Client and Eden as they arise. The Client must acknowledge Eden as the source of all information arising from this engagement in any related publications.
5. Dispute Resolution. The contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. All disputes, controversies, or differences arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall first be submitted to the Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution by mediation in accordance with the Mediation Procedure for the time being in force. The parties agree to participate in the mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached. The place of mediation shall be Singapore. The language of the mediation session shall be English.